The immigration authorities of Saskatchewan have invited a batch of skilled worker candidates, in the new and initial EOI system of the province. It has also announced a change regarding the Popular Occupation List, and has removed ten jobs.
In the August 21 draw, 466 candidates received the invitation in the Saskatchewan E.E. Sub-Category. The candidate with the lowest rank had a score of 68 points. These invited candidates succeeded in having Assessment of Educational Credentials, which is necessary for the provincial applications. Additionally, the province will conduct one draw for every month in the E.O.I. format
The Process for Saskatchewan Expression of Interest
1. Submission of profile.
2. Entering the pool for EOI candidates.
3. Selection of candidates.
4. Issuing Invitations to apply in regular draws.
5. Candidates need to submit the full application in 60 days.
6. Program officials, assess the applications, and take a decision.
The Requirements for the Saskatchewan EE Sub-Category
Such Candidates, who reside in regions, outside Canada, or who have a legal status, pass the qualifying norms for the Immigration Category. They must not claim a refugee Status.
Moreover, candidates must also have:
• A profile in the EE Pool, and a profile number and Job Code;
• A Score of 60 points in the point- assessment grid;
• They must also show good language test results, which are valid, and issued by an official Testing Agency. It must match with the result of the E.E. profile;
• Complete one year training, post-secondary education, or apprenticeship, which is comparable to the local education system. They also need to earn the certificate, diploma, or degree. The Diplomas/Degrees, obtained outside the country, have to undergo an Educational Assessment;
• The following experience requirement in a field of education/training occupation:
1.An year of work experience in the last ten years, in a top skill profession for non-trades category;
2.Two years work experience in a top skill trade in the last five years; or
3.One year work experience within Canada in the last three years for both trade/non-trade category
• Work experience in a top skill NOC occupation.
• A proper license , when the profession is regulated, or in a skilled trade in the province.
• A proof of settlement funds/ settlement plan.
• Paying a non-refundable online $300 application fee.
Method to Qualify in New Expression of Interest System
A government statement mentions the removal of jobs from the Demand Occupations List. The aim is to see that the nominations are not in excess of employment demand.
List of Jobs Were Removed from In-Demand Occupations List
||Software Engineers and Designers
||Web Designers and Developers
||Landscape and Horticulture Technicians and Specialists
||Electronic Service Technicians (household and business equipment)
||Economists and Economic Policy Researchers and Analysts
The New Saskatchewan in-Demand Occupations List
|National Occupation Classification (NOC)
||Medical Radiation Technologists
||Social and community service workers
||Early childhood educators and assistants
||Medical laboratory technologists
||Agricultural representatives, consultants and specialists
||Contractors and supervisors, machining, metal forming, shaping and erecting trades and related occupations
||Contractors and supervisors, carpentry trades
||Heavy-duty equipment mechanics
||Automotive service technicians, truck and bus mechanics
||Motor vehicle body repairers
||Recreation Vehicle Service
||Managers in horticulture
||Agricultural service contractors, farm supervisors and specialized livestock workers
||Managers in agriculture