Canada has made a few changes and its New Parents and Grandparents Program opened on 28th January. There was a huge rush of sponsors online for submitting the forms. IRCC has also issued a warning regarding the spike in use of helplines and expects huge traffic to its website.
The change of rules this year sees that the sponsors receiving the invitation to apply will face the basis of the arrival of submission in all cases regarding the interest to sponsor forms. There is a checklist to do while preparing the form on the government website.
Potential sponsors show an interest After the interest to sponsor form is available online on January 28, eligible sponsors can inform the IRCC regarding their wish to sponsor their parents/grandparents. They must upload a status copy in Canada.
Sending Invitations to sponsor Furthermore, when the period of interest to sponsor ends, IRCC will conduct a review of the submissions and also remove duplicates. It will invite interested potential sponsors for submitting the complete application to sponsor, in the time order of receiving sponsor forms. This process will end on reaching the cap of 20,000 applications.
Submitting Applications The invited applicants also get 60 days to give the complete application to IRCC. The forms of such persons, who submit the interest to sponsor form, and also receive the confirmation number, but do not get an ITA in 2019; will be retained for consideration in the next year.
- Sponsors must Have an age of 18 years,
- Reside in Canada.
- Have the status of a citizen, PR, or a registered person in Canada, and finally,
- Show the proof of money to support sponsored persons, for the past three years.
Income Requirement for Past three Taxation Years
|Total number of people you would be responsible for||2018||2017||2016||2015|
|If more than 7 persons, for each additional person, add:||$8,740||$8,616||$8,521||$8,358|
Also, they need to keep the proof of status in Canada ready. They must also submit a digital copy of status proof in Canada with the Interest to Sponsor form.
The government accepts the following:
- PR Card (both sides).
- Record of landing -IMM 1000
- Confirmation of PR IMM 5292/5688,
- Certificate of Canadian Citizenship both sides,
- birth certificate of Canada
- Canadian passport and finally,
- Certificate of Indian status.
Sponsors will also need to enter this information on the form:
- Your family names, given names as written on proof of status document.
- Date of birth
- The country/territory of birth
- Primary residential address
- Furthermore, an email address,
- The number of family members in your family
- Number of people intending to sponsor, and their dependents,
- Names of the parents/grandparents intending to sponsor.
- Date of birth of the parents/grandparents intending to sponsor.
- proof of status in Canada document number, and finally,
- Your electronic signature
Please subscribe to Migration Ideas newsletters to get the latest information and updates about Visa and Immigration. We also support people with hassle-free and speed visa and immigration process.