The federal government in Canada has extended the application window for global graduates for applying to Canada Post-Graduation Work Permit. Also, the Candidates no longer require holding a Study Permit for applying to a Post-Graduation Work Permit, as per the announcement of IRCC. In the past, the applicants could apply in 90 days after the official date of graduation. Moreover, the new rules, allow the extension of the application period to 180 days. This gives more time to the students for submitting the Post-Graduation Work Permit application.
The Post-Graduation Work Permit
This Permit allows global students to work after completing their graduation by giving a Canada work permit for three years. Additionally, it is exempt from the requirements of LMIA. There is a norm that the candidate must attend a recognized secondary or post-secondary school, offering the qualifying programs, for eight months. The programs for duration between eight to twenty-four months, the Post-Graduation Work Permit is issued covering the length of the study. Furthermore, the global students who study for two years or more get a three-year permit. The work experience during this period is counted in the Canada PR application through Canada Express Entry.
Post-Graduation Work Permit: Who is eligible to Apply?
- Have an age of 18 years,
- Completed the studying of a full-time course in Canada in a program of eight months.
- Completing all your program requirements,
- Graduating from one of the following:
- Public post-secondary school, from a college, university, trade school, technical school, or CEGEP in Quebec.
- Private post-secondary school operating with similar rules as public schools
- Private secondary/post-secondary school in Quebec offering the qualifying programs of 900 hours, leading to DEP or ASP.
- Canadian private school legally awarding Bachelor's, Masters/Doctorate degrees under provincial law degree) after enrolling in a degree study program and finally,
Furthermore, they must apply in six months time after completing the program. We bring all such details before our patrons and they can contact us.