Canada has decided to open the Interim Pathway for Caregivers to applications seeking Canada Permanent Residence. Additionally, the in-home temporary overseas caregivers arriving in Canada after Nov 30, 2014, are eligible. It will close on 4th June 2019, and also carries no limit to accept the number of applications.
IRCC has also stated that the Interim Pathway for Caregivers is the response to the apprehensions of caregivers who arrived in Canada in the Caring for People with High Medical Needs and the Caring for Children pilot programs after 30th Nov 2014 but did not fulfill the qualifying norms of Canada PR.
This temporary program caters to the individuals who acquired work experience in the Program for Temporary Foreign Workers which matches with the description and also with the list of major duties NOC Group 4411/ 4412 of Canada. Furthermore, the eligibility norms are that the candidates must have an intention to live outside Quebec. Moreover, they must meet the following requirements:
- Canadian work authorization on a permit other than a Live-in Caregiver Program work-permit at the time of applying; or
- submitting the application for renewing the work-permit that is not the LCP work permit; or
- submission of an application and having the eligibility for restoration of status, and holding work-permit that is not the LCP work permit as a recent permit; and
- Furthermore, skills in the language of CLB/NCLC 5 in French/English; and
- Canadian full-time work experience for 12 months after Nov 30, 2014, in a related occupation; and also,
- A high school diploma, credential or certificate of Canada/ or non-Canadian, equivalent to the local diploma (high school).
- Also, the foreign credentials will need the Educational Credential Assessment of an approved organization issued in five years prior to the date of application indicating the equivalency of foreign diploma, credential or certificate
- Furthermore, the candidates, who obtain educational credential outside Canada and cannot get the ECA before June 4, are also eligible if they provide written confirmation evidence or receipt of applying.
Finally, Caregivers having recent or current work-permit in the Live-in Caregiver Program do not meet the eligibility norms in this pathway. We