30 communities in British Columbia registered to participate in the new Entrepreneur Immigration Regional Pilot of the province.
This is a two-year pilot of the BC Provincial Nominee Program
having an aim of attracting entrepreneurs for establishing flourishing businesses in small communities which have a population below 75,000. These communities face issues regarding shrinking labor markets and an aging population. Additionally, the requirements in Investment and Net Worth for this Pilot are half of the stipulated requirements in the main BC Entrepreneur stream
. Bruce Ralston, Provincial Minister of Jobs, Technology, and Trade stated that owing to the aging workforce and a liking for urban living, small towns face a challenge to grow their local economies. This pilot also has the aim to attract fresh businesses which create jobs and help in spreading investments around the province. This will set more people to take the benefit from the resultant prosperity.
The basic structure
Under the Regional Pilot, candidates need to invest $100,000, and also have a net worth of $300,000. They also have to create one job for a permanent resident/Canadian citizen
. The Pilot is specific only for entrepreneurs who wish to start a new business. The persons interested in purchasing an existing business have to opt for the main Entrepreneur Immigration stream.
B.C. Entrepreneur Immigration – Regional Pilot
1) Community Involvement
Participating communities need to be involved actively in attracting the overseas entrepreneurs, and must also extend all help to them in settling after they arrive.
2) BC PNP Referrals
Furthermore, Communities can also refer these overseas entrepreneurs to the PNP. The candidates have to visit the community earlier and also align their business proposal with the economic priorities of the province.
3) Community Concierge
Participating communities can access the services of a PNP Community Concierge.
4) Invitation and Priorities
Referred candidates will get the registration in a separate pool of BC PNP. It will also issue Monthly invitations to the candidates having the best score and also receive priority processing.
Requirements for Candidate
- Population below 75,000.
- The location has to be beyond 30km from a municipal area having a population exceeding 75,000.
- Proven capacity for supporting overseas entrepreneurs and a network of settlement and business support agencies.
- Immigration and training specific to the pilot must be completed by the representatives.
Enrolled Communities by Development Region
- Intention to start a business and settle in a regional community of the province.
- Completion of an exploratory visit.
- Investments of $100,000 in an eligible business.
- A personal net worth of $300,000.
- Having the 51 percent ownership.
- Creation of one new job.
- Prince George
- Williams Lake
- Regional District of Central Kootenay (Area J)
- Sunshine Coast Regional District Egmont and Pender Harbor (Area A)
- Sunshine Coast Regional District Halfmoon Bay (Area B)
- Sunshine Coast Regional District – Roberts Creek (Area D)
- Sunshine Coast Regional District – Elphinstone (Area E)
- Sunshine Coast Regional District – West Howe Sound (Area F)
- Comox Valley Regional District – Baynes Sound – Denman/Hornby Island (Area A)
- Comox Valley Regional District – Lazo North (Area B)
- Comox Valley Regional District – Puntledge – Black Creek (Area C)
- Port Alberni
- Powell River
We provide the latest and trending news regarding all visas and you can contact Migration Ideas
for any guidance.