The government in Australia Announced on 1st March 2019 that a new visa will be of great help to the parents to reunite with their children/grandchildren in the country.
Now the parents can stay for five years without leaving the country. After the period is over they also need to stay outside Australia for 90 days before gaining the eligibility to submit the application for the same visa for another term of five years. The eligibility norms of the parent are that they must be adoptive, biological, or step-parents of the sponsor, who has to be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia, or an eligible citizen of New Zealand.
Moreover, the Home Affairs department has not provided a specific processing time, but a number of factors will affect the processing. These include the number of applications filed and the applicant providing all necessary information in the application. Furthermore, the details will appear on the website when they are available.
Quick facts about visa
Applications for the visa can be filed from 17th April 2019 using the Immiaccount . Additionally, the government will grant 15,000 visas each year starting from 1 July and ending on 30 June. The fee is $5,000 -Australian for a visa of three years and $10,000 for a visa of five years’ duration. The sponsorship fee is $420.
These are the sponsors’ requirements for applying to the parent’s visa, as per the Department of Home Affairs.
- The sponsor/parent requirements in a relationship are that they must be adoptive, biological, or step-parents of the sponsor. The step-parent can apply if they are married or in a real relationship with the biological parents of a sponsor
- Having a minimum age of 18 years
- Being a citizen/permanent resident of Australia or an eligible citizen of New Zealand residing for four years
- Meeting any previous sponsorship obligations also
- Having no adverse data unless it can be disregarded
- Moreover, having no debts to pay to the Commonwealth or any type of public health-debts unless suitable arrangements are made for payment
- A household income limit depending on the sponsors income of the combined income of the sponsor and spouse or partner
- Providing police clearance from a country where they have lived for 12 months during the last 10 years and finally
- Authorization of information sharing with the applicant.
Furthermore, it also clarifies that the arriving parents in Australia will not have a right to work in the country.
We bring all the relevant information and the interested persons can contact us.